Monday, February 14, 2011

Berba aims Title

After all, United's 2-1 win moved the striker a step closer towards getting his hands on another league title. And it's team rewards rather than individual success that motivates the 30-year-old.
“Everything's going well for me this season,” he said. “And if we can win the title it will be even better. That's my main wish. If, in May, we've won the title and I'm there to lift it, then it would be a personal best for me.
“Winning the 19th league title is very important at Manchester United. I'd love to do that for the manager, who's been here almost 25 years, as well as my team-mates and the fans.”
Should United reclaim the Barclays Premier League crown this season, Dimitar will certainly have done more than most. He's already notched 19 league goals this term and, in an interview withFourFourTwo this month, revealed he hopes to double that tally before the end of the campaign.
“We still have a lof of games left in the league, as well as matches in the FA Cup and the Champions League. We want to reach the final in both those copetitions, so that gives me plenty of time.
"My ambitions have always been high, so I'll try and score another 20 by the end.”
Sir Alex's decision to start with Berbatov on the bench in Saturday's Manchester derby didn't help Berba's cause, but when you're left out in order to accommodate Wayne Rooney, there's little you can argue about.
As Berbatov says himself: "When you consider all the attributes forwards need, Wayne is number one in my opinion. He's the best forward I've ever played with."

No comments:

Post a Comment